Apple has released the first public beta of the new macOS 11 Big Sur operating system. Anyone can get acquainted with it. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Apple Beta Program website and register there or sign in with your Apple ID.
- Next, open the “Register your devices” section.
- Download the utility for accessing the public beta version of macOS by clicking on the button of the same name.
- Install the downloaded utility.
- Go to System Preferences and open Software Update – macOS Big Sur should appear there.
- Click “Update Now”.
It is recommended that you back up your Mac using Time Machine before installing Big Sur.
You can learn about the main changes in macOS 11 Big Sur in a separate article.
The stable version of macOS Big Sur should be released in the fall of 2020. The system will be available for the following devices:
- MacBook (2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (2013 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (2013 or newer)
- Mac mini (2014 or newer)
- iMac (2014 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017);
- Mac Pro (2013 or newer)