The system will be better adapted for 4K TVs and will allow control over the operation of microphones and cameras.
Google first announced the innovations in Android TV 12, which is already available to developers for testing. The main focus of the OS, the developers paid multimedia features, user interface and privacy controls.
- So, in Android TV 12 there was an adjustment of the refresh rate for a smoother picture. Apps can now integrate these settings and adapt to the TV’s capabilities to play content at the optimal frame rate.
- The system’s user interface has received two important changes. The first was to blur the background in applications and system windows. This effect will improve the visual separation of different menus and sections.
- The second change is rendering the UI in 4K instead of FHD on compatible devices. Developers will be able to adapt their programs and effects to make them look even better.
- As with the mobile system, Android TV 12 will introduce microphone and camera indicators to let you know when apps start recording audio or video.
- You can configure the access of applications to the microphone and camera in the system privacy settings.
These innovations are already available in Android TV beta 3 for developers. The final assembly of the system is expected to be released this fall, as is the case with the mobile OS.